– About Garry Waterman –
Garry Waterman is a licensed social worker with over 25 years of experience serving the Midland and Mt. Pleasant area. His empathetic nature and ability to understand the needs of his clients makes him an excellent resource when trying to understand and manage your mental health.
Garry Waterman received his Master’s Degree in Social Work from the University of Michigan after serving in the army to provide his services to military personnel. He is a veteran and specially trained to work with military-related issues for all veterans, active duty, reserves, guard, retired and separated military personnel.
In addition, Garry Waterman is a member of several important organizations such as the Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) and the Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW).
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- This is a goal-oriented treatment aimed at changing negative thinking or behavior.
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- This method takes aspects of CBT and applies it to people suffering from PTSD.
- T.E.A.M. Therapy (Testing. Empathy. Paradoxical Agenda Setting. Methods.)
- This treatment builds on CBT by offering additional psychotherapy techniques. T.E.A.M. empowers the patient to set the agenda at therapy sessions and work as a partner with an empathetic therapist to achieve goals.
- Exposure Therapy
- This treatment focuses on safely exposing individuals to objects or situations.
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- This method aimed at people suffering from PTSD asks them to re-expose themselves to their trauma in order to overcome it.
- Behavior Modification
- This aims to change behavior through positive reinforcement.
- Clinical Hypnosis
- This provides the client a relaxed state of mind to focus their concentration and energy, to make changes and improvements.
- Communication Skill Training
- This focuses on understanding, practicing, and implementing important communication skills, as well as effective listening skills.
- Social Skills Streaming
- This training helps develop positive social interactions.
For 25 years, Garry Waterman has been working with children, teenagers, adults and families to provide experienced care and a listening ear. He is able to understand a variety of mental health concerns and is dedicated to providing the best service in order to manage your mental health.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Conduct issues
- Delinquency issues
- Tourette’s Syndrome
- Learning disabilities
- Asperger’s disorders
- Stress management
- Grief counseling
- Anger issues
- Sleeping problems
- Other concerns